Friday, June 12, 2015

Issue 611 How much Religion June 12, 2015

Rand Paul, the Kentucky Senator who is running for President said that religion can be part of government (not vice versa).  But what I want to ask is how much?

How much Religion in Government:  I personally believe that government and religion does have a degree of separation. That religion should not dictate policy with respect to a faith based institution ever telling the government what to do, nor the government telling a faith based institution what to do.  But I do believe that people should be able to express their faith freely.  It is fine if you personally want to use your faith, your Bible Study and similar to guide your decisions as that is all a personal relationship with God and your faith.  I have zero problems with a politician doing that.  I would also say, that Masses, and other religious gatherings should be allowed in government buildings including Congress, but no group should be denied access.  This also means allowing government personnel to have a cross hanging on the wall of their office, or other religious/religious holiday items be displayed on their person, or on their desks/offices (this is currently not allowed in some government institutions which violates the first amendment).  Beyond this, I see no other room for religion in government.  I find no way that I can see where it can fit in save expression, and personally guiding someone in their actions.


Conclusion:  I have no idea how much religion Rand Paul wants back into government.  Do not get me wrong, I believe he would make a fine President, but this needs to be clarified before we/if we let him into the White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment