Friday, January 15, 2016

Quote: Don't Cry because it's over. Smile because it happened

 Don't Cry because it's over. Smile because it happened, by Dr. Seuss.  This quote is fairly simple, but packed full of meaning.  Basically, we are sad when things come to an end.  We fret about it, from simple things like a day with family, to the end of a marriage.  However, we should smile instead of cry.  We smile because the memories formed, the lessons learned and the happiness brought are more important than not experiencing the moment, or the time of your life.  Every moment matters and that makes life worth smiling about.

Final Thought:  I reflect on life a lot.  I want to see if I made mistakes (which I know I have done on occasion).  However, I find that wherever there is a mistake I made, a sorrow I experienced, I cannot find that I regret any of it.  In fact I smile because I avoid making that mistake once again.  I smile for the lessons learned and how ultimately my life is happier by having made those mistakes and experienced those sorrows.  It is then I reflect on all the happy memories I have experienced and know that life no matter how hard, how much we may have terrible luck can and is worth living.  So remember to smile always, for deep inside you there's happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment