Thursday, December 18, 2014

Issue 486 Climate Change (my take) December 18, 2014

Ok, Climate change is a controversial issue.  And so I feel confident to explain how I view the topic.  So let us discuss.

Global Climate Change:  On this topic, I believe that global climate change is not a set science.  There have been numerous issues where scientists have taken only the highest temperatures from key regions to justify their research.  Also, some scientists in order to get continued funding have falsified their research on occasion.  Also, the idea that carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas is false as the main gas that causes a greenhouse effect is water in the atmosphere.  But even then, the climatologists do not factor in how much of the sun’s rays is reflected back into space by clouds, water surfaces, and reflective surfaces in general, let alone the windows on all the homes and buildings throughout the world.  Basically, all the research is lacking in terms of integrity, and it is still not in my opinion, based on what I have read and seen in documentaries and magazines, a legitimate science.  From my perspective, the weather man does it better. (In my opinion, meteorologists will take over the climate change scientist’s duties to allow us to get a better understanding of our weather and natural environment).

Localized climate change:  Here is where I believe we as humans have a problem.  Globally, humanity is arrogant to think it caused dramatic changes in the earth's climate to cause natural disasters (mind you there have been no worse or more numerous storms than what is known on previous historical records).  But in a city where garbage, and car exhaust get swirled around and around the urban canyons, then you have something.  Things like heavy metals near a factory sink into the soil and groundwater.  Gases emitted out of smokestacks are concentrated before finally dispersing in the upper atmosphere.  In this case the gases are most harmful and more likely to harm the climate of an area when initially released.  As such, locally released chemicals are the ones more likely to possibly cause cancers in people, cause an area to be more prone to forest fires, contaminate groundwater and damage the area and the animals, plants and people that live there.  So chemical smog and other toxic gases and emissions can just sit in an area causing adverse effects on the surrounding environment.  This is the part of climate change I believe in.


Conclusion:  So this is how I believe in climate change.  Globally, I think the climate is naturally changing and that we humans can't (and don't) have any or very little effect on it.  Locally, we do affect our climate and our environment together.  Basically, we can end up killing ourselves with pollutions we emit ourselves.  Hence why I believe in recycling anything and everything.  I also believe in reducing our energy needs and other methods to reduce our impact on the environment as a whole.  I hope I got you thinking and I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me.  Happy reading, and enjoy your pondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment