Monday, December 29, 2014

Issue 493 Are pets worth it? December 29, 2014

A pet is a commitment.  For those who know, a pet can be equivalent to raising a second child.  So here and now I will tell you why pets are the best thing to happen to a person.

The love they show:  A pet as I stated is a commitment. You raise them with love and care for they are your friends who do not judge you based on your habits, your vices, or your problems.  They support you when you are said, and they comfort you when you are sick.  Some would argue that people should not have a pet because of the pain of losing a pet in the first place.  However, that pain you feel is love.  You cherish the memories of the animal you cared for, and that cared about you in return.  How could all the memories with your pet not be worth it in the end?  Sure they can stink, eat like no tomorrow and poo sometimes on the carpet, but those are all part of the memories you remember about your pet.  For a child growing up, a pet is a great starter for them learning responsibility, all the while having a supporting friend.  So pets are worth it.


Conclusion:  I dedicate this issue to my cat Cassie.  She was with me for 16 long years, and passed away from pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago.  She was with me through my first and second girlfriend, and when I struggled with bullies at school.  Cassie simply came up to me whenever I felt sad so as to comfort me as much as she could, because she somehow saw me as family.  I miss her greatly, but I would not change anything with respect to her being in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment