Monday, December 22, 2014

Issue 488 The Pope is not divine December 22, 2014

Well, I am not done with controversial topics.  In this case I will be taking on the notion that the Pope has no divine power at all.  So let us begin.

Evidence:  For one, historically speaking there were sometimes multiple Popes.  A divine Pope would exist in isolation with no others in existence for the others can contradict what God was instructing his faithful to do.  Also, Popes from one generation would not be contradictory to one another.  For instance, issues such as gay's being accepted into heaven is a recent change.  Also, I feel that if they truly believed in God's message through Jesus, then they would be against government provided healthcare and instead provide it themselves.  I cannot say war is part of the evidence because in the bible, war was endorsed many times through God.  But I can say that the faiths are run by men.  When we die, the Church does not ascend with us.  However, some Popes and other clerics talk as if the Church is the begin all end all with respect to God, belief and dogma.  Therefore, because of these inconsistencies, I believe the Pope is not divine.  

Conclusion:  Rather than say we get divine Popes, I believe God guides us toward leaders who have a piece of guiding light for all of us to follow.  In short, God points out the right people to lead at the right time so that we are awakened from our stagnant beliefs and ill will toward our fellow man.  So I do not mind that the Pope is not divine so long as I continue to have the right to disagree with what the Pope says or does without recourse.


No comments:

Post a Comment